We had a family/friend get together on Saturday, to celebrate Matthew's birthday. It was a lot of fun. Matthew got to be the highlight of the evening, which he thoroughly enjoyed, and everyone got to come, visit and play! Matthew was a little shy at first when people were arriving, he was being really clingy-we think he was still a little tired. It took a while for him to really warm up to it all, but he did and once he did and realized it was a party for him he was all for it!
Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us, it was a great birthday party for him. :D
We had an Elmo themed party for him. He loves Elmo, but what 3 year old doesn't?
Funny story about this cake- I printed the picture from the net, and used it as a pattern. I followed the instructions for transferring a pattern onto a cake from the Wilton website. I followed the instructions step by step, but my frosting never crusted like they said it would. so although the pattern tried to transfer the parchment paper kept sticking to the frosting. Every time I lifted it the frosting came away from the cake. I don't know how many times I re-frosted this stupid cake!!!! I about threw it away, I was so frustrated. So I finally came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to transfer the pattern onto the cake, if I wanted Elmo on it, I was gonna have to free hand it. Ugh, so not my forte...but it worked and he loved it! So now I can say, no tears were shed in the making of this cake, but I was very, very close!

Enough about the cake...He got loaded down with gifts, and Scott couldn't get him to hold the gift to show with out him putting it in front of his face or running up to him to show it to him. Which was way too close for the camera. It was really cute to watch, but it's also why you can't see him showing the gifts in most of them!






No comments:
Post a Comment